News

24 June 2021

IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET THAT WE HAVE DECIDED TO CANCEL RUN MAWNAN THIS YEAR.

We had been hopeful of being able to stage the event at the end of September but the delay to the removal of Covid restrictions until mid-July and the current situation of increasing infections leaves us insufficient time to be able to plan for the event.We are aware that there are many runners out there who are keen to compete in 5k or 10k events after such a long enforced break and we are sorry that we have to disappoint you.

We will be back in September 2022!

COVID-19 VIRUS

It is with great regret that the organising committee has decided that it will not be possible to stage this year’s event in a Covid-19 safe manner. We had been hoping that it would be possible but it is likely that some form of social distancing will still be required and, in common with the organisers of other running events in September, we have decided that such conditions preclude the staging of the event.

However, members of the committee intend to go for 5k or 10k runs on the day (observing any distancing rules) and we encourage others to do likewise – including children fun running – and upload their pictures to the event’s Facebook page.